Aug 1, 2015, 1:19 PM EDT
Wheeler, who was part of Wednesday’s failed Carlos Gomez deal, reached out to Mets GM Sandy Alderson to express his desire to stay with the team.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:27 PM EDT
Wilmer Flores: your feel-good story of the year.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 31, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
The Mets add a big bat to their anemic offense. And they don’t have to part with Zack Wheeler to do it.
Jul 31, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT
This is the third outfielder to whom they’ve been linked in three days. Let’s see if this one takes.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:51 AM EDT
Jay Bruce instead of Carlos Gomez?
Jul 30, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT
Unique situation Wednesday night at Citi Field.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:01 PM EDT
What a crazy night.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:12 PM EDT
There’s been a lot of speculation that these two could be a fit, and now it may be close to happening …
Jul 25, 2015, 11:10 AM EDT
Mets general manager Sandy Alderson told reporters Thursday that he has no plans on trading Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard, or Steven Matz. However, it appears that another one of their young guns is on the table in the right deal.
Jul 17, 2015, 9:33 AM EDT
This will raise eyebrows, but it’s hard to disagree with what he’s actually saying.
Jun 6, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
The Mets are going back to the five-man rotation and have moved Dillon Gee to the bullpen as a result.
Jun 6, 2015, 3:19 PM EDT
That didn’t last long.
Mar 30, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
He’s owed $5.3 million for 2015 and is also under team control for 2016 via arbitration.
Mar 24, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Will the return of Matt Harvey and the offseason signing of Michael Cuddyer propel the Mets into contention?
Mar 19, 2015, 7:00 AM EDT
This kid’s elbow is a mess.
Mar 16, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Gee was a trade candidate for most of the winter and was expected to begin he season in the Mets’ bullpen, but he’s set to have a rotation spot now that Zack Wheeler is injured.
Mar 16, 2015, 10:16 AM EDT
Mar 14, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Wheeler had a 3.54 ERA with 9.1 K/9 and 3.8 BB/9 last season and the Mets are hoping he’ll take a step forward this season.
Mar 5, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper is understandably confident about his team’s chances, but Zack Wheeler thinks the Mets can make things interesting.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:58 PM EDT
The Mets cut back on defensive shifts with Wheeler on the mound last season because of his concerns.
Feb 14, 2015, 8:59 AM EDT
At the start of the offseason, it appeared inevitable that the Mets would move one of their starting pitchers. They are about to go into spring training with all of them.
Sep 13, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Zack Wheeler threw a fastball to Bryce Harper in the second inning that he’d like to take back, if possible.
Sep 6, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Matt Harvey has been throwing bullpens, but the Mets intend to shut him down soon and have him begin a normal off-season. Harvey will attempt to return to the Mets’ rotation for the start of the 2015 regular season.
Aug 6, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Something’s just not adding up at the moment for a Nationals club that at times looks like the most-dominant team in the National League yet lately has been finding creative and agonizing ways to lose ballgames.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)