Jan 20, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
The Brewers didn’t want to trade quality for Ike Davis, so they’ve signed a guy for next to nothing who, in reality, was more useful than Ike Davis last year:
— Mike Vassallo (@MikeVassallo13) January 20, 2014
Last week they snagged Mark Reynolds. Now they have Overbay. Between them they can probably cobble together at least some useful production at first base. Or not. Worth the gamble given that they were each close to free talent.
But I do wish they’d dream bigger. Like, sign Vernon Wells in camp and lure Kevin Youkilis back from Japan for the 2013 Yankees scubeenie reunion.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11