Jan 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Brewers Player Development Department reported on Twitter that the team signed outfielders Jeremy Hermida and Joe Thurston to minor league deals.
Hermida, who turns 30 on Thursday, has been besieged by injuries, including a sports hernia suffered at the end of April 2012. In 2013, he worked his way back with Triple-A Columbus, an affiliate of the Indians, posting a .781 OPS in 567 plate appearances.
Thurston, 34, has not played in the Majors since 2011. He spent last season between Lancaster of the Atlantic League and Yucatan of the Mexican League.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 8
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 57
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)