Jan 26, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
This is of little interest to people not named Duncan and people who are not my daughter, but let the record reflect that the Arizona Diamondbacks have signed Shelley Duncan to a minor league deal.
Duncan’s father, Dave Duncan, is an assistant to Dbacks GM Kevin Towers. Shelley is an Arizona native and played his college ball at Arizona. Duncan hit .182 in 20 games for the Rays last year It’s unlikely that he’s anything more than organizational depth at this point.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 52
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)