Jan 26, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
This is of little interest to people not named Duncan and people who are not my daughter, but let the record reflect that the Arizona Diamondbacks have signed Shelley Duncan to a minor league deal.
Duncan’s father, Dave Duncan, is an assistant to Dbacks GM Kevin Towers. Shelley is an Arizona native and played his college ball at Arizona. Duncan hit .182 in 20 games for the Rays last year It’s unlikely that he’s anything more than organizational depth at this point.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)