Feb 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
A couple of weeks ago Dan Shaughnessy said this about David Ortiz‘s desire for a contract extension:
I guess the Red Sox feel differently about it because John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the team and David Ortiz have opened discussions regarding a contract extension.
Ortiz will make $15 million in this final year of his current deal. He went on record last month saying that he wanted an extension for 2015 at a similar rate. Tomase suggests that the Red Sox are willing to do that and may even add a vesting option for 2016.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20