Mar 8, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Zack Greinke has already been ruled out as an option to pitch against the Diamondbacks in Australia after straining his right calf last week, but he took an important step in the right direction today.
According to J.P. Hoornstra of the Los Angeles News Group, Greinke threw 35 pitches in a simulated game against a group of teammates, including rehabbing outfielder Matt Kemp. He also threw another 50 pitches in the bullpen.
Greinke admitted that his calf isn’t back to 100 percent yet, but that’s no cause for alarm. There’s still plenty of time for him to get ready before the Dodgers return stateside for the traditional start of the regular season.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (95)