Mar 12, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
I sorta came to like casino/memorabilia shop Pete Rose. Church Pete Rose is going to take some getting used to:
Pete Rose, Major League Baseball’s all-time career hit leader, will return to Philadelphia and appear at Christ’s Church of the Valley on Sunday, March 30, 2014. Rose will appear live and be interviewed by Senior Pastor, Brian Jones during each service at 9:00, 10:15 and 11:30 AM.
The linked announcement features the pastor opining that he “truly believe[s] his debt has been paid and should be reinstated.” Which is all well and good, but if I were him I’d need more in the way of reassurances.
Put Rose in charge of Bingo Night for a month. If everything is on the up-and-up, Selig will take a meeting. Cool?
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 305
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (307)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)