Mar 12, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
I sorta came to like casino/memorabilia shop Pete Rose. Church Pete Rose is going to take some getting used to:
Pete Rose, Major League Baseball’s all-time career hit leader, will return to Philadelphia and appear at Christ’s Church of the Valley on Sunday, March 30, 2014. Rose will appear live and be interviewed by Senior Pastor, Brian Jones during each service at 9:00, 10:15 and 11:30 AM.
The linked announcement features the pastor opining that he “truly believe[s] his debt has been paid and should be reinstated.” Which is all well and good, but if I were him I’d need more in the way of reassurances.
Put Rose in charge of Bingo Night for a month. If everything is on the up-and-up, Selig will take a meeting. Cool?
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 21
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)