Mar 25, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Johan Santana is one of the best pitchers of this generation and he’s coming back from multiple shoulder surgeries at age 35.
Dylan Bundy is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball and he’s coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery at age 21.
They’re both in Orioles camp and Adam Berry of MLB.com writes that they “have developed somewhat of a competitive relationship as they work their way back to game action.” Bundy is currently throwing from flat ground, whereas Santana has advanced to throwing from a half-mound, and so “Bundy was lobbying to catch up to Santana and throw off a higher mound.”
Not exactly breaking news or anything–both pitchers are hoping to make an impact for the Orioles in the second half–but little stuff like this always makes me smile.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 168
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (170)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)