Mar 25, 2014, 10:50 AM EDT
Johan Santana is one of the best pitchers of this generation and he’s coming back from multiple shoulder surgeries at age 35.
Dylan Bundy is one of the best pitching prospects in baseball and he’s coming back from Tommy John elbow surgery at age 21.
They’re both in Orioles camp and Adam Berry of MLB.com writes that they “have developed somewhat of a competitive relationship as they work their way back to game action.” Bundy is currently throwing from flat ground, whereas Santana has advanced to throwing from a half-mound, and so “Bundy was lobbying to catch up to Santana and throw off a higher mound.”
Not exactly breaking news or anything–both pitchers are hoping to make an impact for the Orioles in the second half–but little stuff like this always makes me smile.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (117)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)