Mar 26, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Right-hander David Aardsma just signed a minor-league deal with the Cardinals, which wouldn’t be particularly newsworthy except for the fact that Aardsma was very outspoken on Twitter back when the Cardinals signed Jhonny Peralta to a four-year, $53 million deal in November.
Here’s an Aardsma tweet from the day Peralta signed, November 23:
Apparently getting suspended for PED’s means you get a raise. What’s stopping anyone from doing it? #weneedtomakeachange
— David Aardsma (@TheDA53) November 24, 2013
I wonder if that topic will come up during clubhouse introductions today?
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11