Mar 26, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Sure, the Diamondbacks lost both games to the Dodgers during the season-opening series in Australia, but Arizona center fielder A.J. Pollock still had a productive time in Sydney.
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com writes that Pollock proposed to his girlfriend, who’s from Australia, “while at the Bondi Beach cliff walk.”
Gilbert notes that they met back in college at Notre Dame, where Pollock was on the baseball team and she was on the lacrosse team. Everyone say it with me now: Aww.
On a related note: After a decade as a reluctant BlackBerry user I finally got an iPhone this week. I joined Tinder, because whatever, and probably my No. 1 complaint about it so far is the lack of Australian lacrosse players to choose from.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)