Mar 26, 2014, 11:51 AM EDT
Sure, the Diamondbacks lost both games to the Dodgers during the season-opening series in Australia, but Arizona center fielder A.J. Pollock still had a productive time in Sydney.
Steve Gilbert of MLB.com writes that Pollock proposed to his girlfriend, who’s from Australia, “while at the Bondi Beach cliff walk.”
Gilbert notes that they met back in college at Notre Dame, where Pollock was on the baseball team and she was on the lacrosse team. Everyone say it with me now: Aww.
On a related note: After a decade as a reluctant BlackBerry user I finally got an iPhone this week. I joined Tinder, because whatever, and probably my No. 1 complaint about it so far is the lack of Australian lacrosse players to choose from.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54