Mar 26, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
The story itself is fine. Scouts question whether Jeter is going to be able to get it done this year. Totally legit. I just didn’t see anyone talking about “The Great” Derek Jeter or the “miracles” he performs. How would that even go down?
Scout 1: Hey, Bob.
Scout 2: Hey Joe, what’s up
Scout 1: Kinda concerned the great Derek Jeter is out of miracles, Bob.
Scout 2: Jesus, Joe. Pull it together. You’re a professional scout for cryin’ out loud.
Jeter has been a fantastic player throughout his career. Yet the way Jeter is talked about as some other-worldly player cum deity drives people nuts.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)