Mar 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Bad news Wednesday night out of Giants camp.
According to Alex Pavlovic of the San Jose Mercury News, left-handed reliever Jeremy Affeldt will be shut down for the next 10-15 days with a sprained MCL in his right knee. That means that he will open the 2014 regular season on the 15-day disabled list.
Affeldt posted an underwhelming 3.74 ERA and 5.6 K/9 in 33 2/3 innings last year before suffering a July groin strain that lingered into September. He had a 2.66 ERA and 8.0 K/9 in 125 innings the two years prior and landed a three-year, $18 million contract from the Giants in November 2012. Affeldt had allowed seven earned runs in six frames this spring.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)