Mar 26, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The report from MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli …
Nolan Reimold was a scratch from Wednesday night’s starting lineup and he will start the season on the disabled list since he’s unable to play the outfield.
Reimold can swing a bat without issue, but the movement required of a major league outfielder remains out of his comfort zone. The former second-round pick has undergone two season-ending neck surgeries in the last two years and is still clearly bothered by whatever those procedures aimed to fix.
Reimold, 30, is a .252/.327/.439 career hitter in 1,056 major league plate appearances.
The Orioles aren’t guessing on a potential activation date. It could be a while.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 2
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 13
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 24
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)