Mar 26, 2014, 7:28 PM EDT
The report from MLB.com’s Brittany Ghiroli …
Nolan Reimold was a scratch from Wednesday night’s starting lineup and he will start the season on the disabled list since he’s unable to play the outfield.
Reimold can swing a bat without issue, but the movement required of a major league outfielder remains out of his comfort zone. The former second-round pick has undergone two season-ending neck surgeries in the last two years and is still clearly bothered by whatever those procedures aimed to fix.
Reimold, 30, is a .252/.327/.439 career hitter in 1,056 major league plate appearances.
The Orioles aren’t guessing on a potential activation date. It could be a while.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)