Mar 26, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Guerra spent most of last season at Triple-A, making just nine (bad) appearances for the Dodgers and missing time with an elbow injury, but in 2011 and 2012 he posted a combined 2.45 ERA with 75 strikeouts in 92 innings.
His control is spotty and Guerra was never a great fit as a rookie closer in Los Angeles, but if healthy he’s well-suited for a middle relief gig and can help the White Sox.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)