Mar 28, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
The Rangers have been decimated by injuries, but they may be getting one key injured player back today:
Rangers manager Ron Washington said Elvis Andrus would start Friday in San Antonio at SS.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) March 28, 2014
Andrus went through a full workout yesterday and his bum elbow seemed OK. If he plays today it will be his first action in a week and a half. Assuming that goes well, he should be OK for Opening Day.
Now all they need are some starting pitchers one can pick out of a lineup.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)