Mar 28, 2014, 8:51 AM EDT
The Rangers have been decimated by injuries, but they may be getting one key injured player back today:
Rangers manager Ron Washington said Elvis Andrus would start Friday in San Antonio at SS.
— Anthony Andro (@aandro) March 28, 2014
Andrus went through a full workout yesterday and his bum elbow seemed OK. If he plays today it will be his first action in a week and a half. Assuming that goes well, he should be OK for Opening Day.
Now all they need are some starting pitchers one can pick out of a lineup.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 8
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 79
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)