Mar 28, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Scott Miller reports that Matt Kemp says he is 100 percent and ready to be activated from the disabled list as soon as possible. As he was retroactively DL’ed, April 4 is the first day he is eligible to return and appears to be the target.
Kemp has been recovering from ankle surgery in October. During the off-season, Kemp said about being a part-time outfielder, “I won’t accept that role. I can’t accept that role.” As the Dodgers will have four outfielders — including Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier, and Yasiel Puig — manager Don Mattingly will have a bit of a playing time issue on his hands.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 7
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 47
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 21
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 130
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (130)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (130)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (106)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)