Mar 28, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Scott Miller reports that Matt Kemp says he is 100 percent and ready to be activated from the disabled list as soon as possible. As he was retroactively DL’ed, April 4 is the first day he is eligible to return and appears to be the target.
Kemp has been recovering from ankle surgery in October. During the off-season, Kemp said about being a part-time outfielder, “I won’t accept that role. I can’t accept that role.” As the Dodgers will have four outfielders — including Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier, and Yasiel Puig — manager Don Mattingly will have a bit of a playing time issue on his hands.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29