Mar 28, 2014, 8:40 PM EDT
Scott Miller reports that Matt Kemp says he is 100 percent and ready to be activated from the disabled list as soon as possible. As he was retroactively DL’ed, April 4 is the first day he is eligible to return and appears to be the target.
Kemp has been recovering from ankle surgery in October. During the off-season, Kemp said about being a part-time outfielder, “I won’t accept that role. I can’t accept that role.” As the Dodgers will have four outfielders — including Carl Crawford, Andre Ethier, and Yasiel Puig — manager Don Mattingly will have a bit of a playing time issue on his hands.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)