Mar 29, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue L.A. reports that the Dodgers have placed starter Clayton Kershaw on the disabled list with back inflammation. Stephen adds that Kershaw felt something awry when he threw today from an increased distance and intensity. They can place Kershaw on the DL retroactive to March 23.
Kershaw was already expected to miss his next start after making the Dodgers’ Opening Day start in Australia against the Diamondbacks.
Hyun-Jin Ryu will start on Sunday in San Diego in the Padres’ home opener, and on Friday against the Giants in the Dodgers’ home opener.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)