Mar 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish is reporting that the Nationals have signed pitcher Aaron Laffey to a minor league deal. The lefty turns 29 years old on April 15.
Laffey had signed a minor league deal with the Orioles back in January, but they released him on Tuesday.
A seven-year MLB veteran, Laffey has spent time with the Indians, Mariners, Yankees, Blue Jays, and Mets. He split last season with the Mets and with the Jays in his second stint. Overall, in 487 career innings, Laffey has a 4.45 ERA and a 242/189 K/BB ratio.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 114
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (114)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)