Mar 29, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish is reporting that the Nationals have signed pitcher Aaron Laffey to a minor league deal. The lefty turns 29 years old on April 15.
Laffey had signed a minor league deal with the Orioles back in January, but they released him on Tuesday.
A seven-year MLB veteran, Laffey has spent time with the Indians, Mariners, Yankees, Blue Jays, and Mets. He split last season with the Mets and with the Jays in his second stint. Overall, in 487 career innings, Laffey has a 4.45 ERA and a 242/189 K/BB ratio.
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 4
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 18
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 8
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)