Mar 30, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for MLB’s “Opening Night” game Sunday between the Dodgers and Padres at San Diego’s Petco Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:05 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
Dee Gordon batted leadoff during his one start at the Sydney Cricket Ground but will hit eighth in the Dodgers’ U.S. opener with Carl Crawford returning from paternity leave. The Dodgers were hoping to start Clayton Kershaw in this one, but he landed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a back injury.
Tommy Medica played exclusively at first base in his 19-game cup of coffee with the Padres last September, but he looked comfortable enough in the outfield during spring training and batted .333/.389/.561 in 27 Cactus League games. Chase Headley played in only six spring games but his strained calf has improved.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)