Mar 30, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Here are the starting lineups for MLB’s “Opening Night” game Sunday between the Dodgers and Padres at San Diego’s Petco Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:05 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
Dee Gordon batted leadoff during his one start at the Sydney Cricket Ground but will hit eighth in the Dodgers’ U.S. opener with Carl Crawford returning from paternity leave. The Dodgers were hoping to start Clayton Kershaw in this one, but he landed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a back injury.
Tommy Medica played exclusively at first base in his 19-game cup of coffee with the Padres last September, but he looked comfortable enough in the outfield during spring training and batted .333/.389/.561 in 27 Cactus League games. Chase Headley played in only six spring games but his strained calf has improved.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 6
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 14
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (73)