Mar 30, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
Here are the starting lineups for MLB’s “Opening Night” game Sunday between the Dodgers and Padres at San Diego’s Petco Park. First pitch is scheduled for just after 8:05 p.m. ET on ESPN.
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
Dee Gordon batted leadoff during his one start at the Sydney Cricket Ground but will hit eighth in the Dodgers’ U.S. opener with Carl Crawford returning from paternity leave. The Dodgers were hoping to start Clayton Kershaw in this one, but he landed on the 15-day disabled list Saturday with a back injury.
Tommy Medica played exclusively at first base in his 19-game cup of coffee with the Padres last September, but he looked comfortable enough in the outfield during spring training and batted .333/.389/.561 in 27 Cactus League games. Chase Headley played in only six spring games but his strained calf has improved.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 54
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 66
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)