Mar 30, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Boggs was among the top setup men in baseball two seasons ago and opened the 2013 campaign as the Cardinals’ closer, but his career has taken a steep dive since he lost that job. The 30-year-old allowed 11 hits, two walks, and nine earned runs across 6 1/3 innings this spring in White Sox camp.
He’ll act as organizational relief depth for ’em now.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 0
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 178
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 138
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 38
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (201)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (139)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)