Mar 30, 2014, 3:14 PM EDT
Boggs was among the top setup men in baseball two seasons ago and opened the 2013 campaign as the Cardinals’ closer, but his career has taken a steep dive since he lost that job. The 30-year-old allowed 11 hits, two walks, and nine earned runs across 6 1/3 innings this spring in White Sox camp.
He’ll act as organizational relief depth for ’em now.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)