Mar 31, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies right-hander Tyler Chatwood will be placed on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain. The move will be made prior to Wednesday’s game, when right-hander Jordan Lyles will be called up to replace him and start against the Marlins.
Chatwood actually suffered the injury while legging out a triple during a Cactus League game on Friday. He was able to make it through a bullpen session yesterday, but the Rockies are concerned about doing things like running the bases and covering first base. The hope is that he’ll make one rehab start and return to the rotation on April 12 against the Giants.
Chatwood, 24, posted a 3.15 ERA and 66/41 K/BB ratio over 111 1/3 innings last season. His 58.5 percent ground ball rate was second-highest among pitchers with at least 110 innings pitched.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)