Mar 31, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies right-hander Tyler Chatwood will be placed on the disabled list with a left hamstring strain. The move will be made prior to Wednesday’s game, when right-hander Jordan Lyles will be called up to replace him and start against the Marlins.
Chatwood actually suffered the injury while legging out a triple during a Cactus League game on Friday. He was able to make it through a bullpen session yesterday, but the Rockies are concerned about doing things like running the bases and covering first base. The hope is that he’ll make one rehab start and return to the rotation on April 12 against the Giants.
Chatwood, 24, posted a 3.15 ERA and 66/41 K/BB ratio over 111 1/3 innings last season. His 58.5 percent ground ball rate was second-highest among pitchers with at least 110 innings pitched.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)