Apr 1, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
The Mets are placing Daniel Murphy on paternity leave. He’ll miss a couple of days. This happens fairly frequently in major league baseball and paternity leave as a whole is pretty common in the typical workplace (though not common enough in the view of this father, but that’s another post).
In any event, some Mets fans have a problem with this. Or with paternity leave in general:
Not going to criticize Daniel Murphy for going on paternity leave, but I think the very concept of paternity leave is stupid.
— Sobriquet (@TheFoyeEffect) April 1, 2014
Murphy doesn’t deserve time off. His wife did all the work. She needs the time off. He needs to go to work. — Urban Redneck (@RobbieNYK) April 1, 2014
Murphy also has all winter to be with the kid, something most of us don’t get. He had yesterday and today that’s enough.
— D (@Hey_its_Don) April 1, 2014
Paternity leave is for woman. — Urban Redneck (@RobbieNYK) April 1, 2014
wtf is paternity leave?? what a joke. MT @MarcCarig: nothing official re: Murphy yet, but he’s EXPECTED to go on paternity leave tomorrow.
— Harry C. (@harrycalat) April 1, 2014
Great day for Mets fans. Banner day.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 23
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 82
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (84)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)