Apr 1, 2014, 9:52 AM EDT
A day after the cheers and boos given to Ryan Braun and Barry Bonds made everyone think about the ethics of fandom, Andy Martino of the Daily News gives us a heads up about what went on in New York yesterday: the mayor was booed.
Which, sure, no worries at all. Every politician is going to get a lot of boos in that situation, especially one who hasn’t made a lot of folks happy, which from what I can tell, describes New York Mayor de Blasio. But as Martino points out, there was a slight wrinkle to this:
The problem this time? De Blasio was accompanied on the mound by six small children affected by the recent East Harlem explosion. Nice job, people, giving those kids a nice memory. Lovely.
I’m guessing that since it was Opening Day and people started drinking at, like, 8am, many didn’t realize who was out there with the mayor. But I’m guessing some did too and didn’t really care.
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 20
- Not so fast! Dodgers-Marlins trade for Mat Latos “could be falling apart” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 56
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 46
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 53
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)