Apr 1, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig drove a 2-1 pitch out to the Western Metal Supply Co. building at Petco Park for his first home run of the season Tuesday against Padres starter Ian Kennedy. You can watch a replay of the two-run blast here, with legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully on the call. If Puig was a better teammate, he would have made it a three-run shot. Or something like that.
The Dodgers went on to win the game by a score of 3-2 and are now 3-1 on the young season. Puig is batting .294/.368/.529 with four RBI in four games.
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)