Apr 1, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig drove a 2-1 pitch out to the Western Metal Supply Co. building at Petco Park for his first home run of the season Tuesday against Padres starter Ian Kennedy. You can watch a replay of the two-run blast here, with legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully on the call. If Puig was a better teammate, he would have made it a three-run shot. Or something like that.
The Dodgers went on to win the game by a score of 3-2 and are now 3-1 on the young season. Puig is batting .294/.368/.529 with four RBI in four games.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 16
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (119)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)