Apr 1, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig drove a 2-1 pitch out to the Western Metal Supply Co. building at Petco Park for his first home run of the season Tuesday against Padres starter Ian Kennedy. You can watch a replay of the two-run blast here, with legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully on the call. If Puig was a better teammate, he would have made it a three-run shot. Or something like that.
The Dodgers went on to win the game by a score of 3-2 and are now 3-1 on the young season. Puig is batting .294/.368/.529 with four RBI in four games.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 12
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 214
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 139
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (214)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (140)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)