Apr 1, 2014, 7:40 PM EST
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig drove a 2-1 pitch out to the Western Metal Supply Co. building at Petco Park for his first home run of the season Tuesday against Padres starter Ian Kennedy. You can watch a replay of the two-run blast here, with legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully on the call. If Puig was a better teammate, he would have made it a three-run shot. Or something like that.
The Dodgers went on to win the game by a score of 3-2 and are now 3-1 on the young season. Puig is batting .294/.368/.529 with four RBI in four games.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (116)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)