Apr 1, 2014, 7:40 PM EDT
Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig drove a 2-1 pitch out to the Western Metal Supply Co. building at Petco Park for his first home run of the season Tuesday against Padres starter Ian Kennedy. You can watch a replay of the two-run blast here, with legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully on the call. If Puig was a better teammate, he would have made it a three-run shot. Or something like that.
The Dodgers went on to win the game by a score of 3-2 and are now 3-1 on the young season. Puig is batting .294/.368/.529 with four RBI in four games.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)