Apr 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Mets outfielder Chris Young left last night’s game with a strained quadriceps and now he’s headed to the disabled list.
Young actually injured his quadriceps during spring training and sat out Opening Day before joining the lineup for Game 2, but made it just one inning before exiting.
Young signed a one-year, $7.25 million deal with the Mets in the hopes of bouncing back following a rough 2013 with the A’s and hitting the open market again as a 31-year-old next winter.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)