Apr 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Mets outfielder Chris Young left last night’s game with a strained quadriceps and now he’s headed to the disabled list.
Young actually injured his quadriceps during spring training and sat out Opening Day before joining the lineup for Game 2, but made it just one inning before exiting.
Young signed a one-year, $7.25 million deal with the Mets in the hopes of bouncing back following a rough 2013 with the A’s and hitting the open market again as a 31-year-old next winter.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)