Apr 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Mets outfielder Chris Young left last night’s game with a strained quadriceps and now he’s headed to the disabled list.
Young actually injured his quadriceps during spring training and sat out Opening Day before joining the lineup for Game 2, but made it just one inning before exiting.
Young signed a one-year, $7.25 million deal with the Mets in the hopes of bouncing back following a rough 2013 with the A’s and hitting the open market again as a 31-year-old next winter.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 24
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 16
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)