Apr 3, 2014, 11:19 AM EDT
Mets outfielder Chris Young left last night’s game with a strained quadriceps and now he’s headed to the disabled list.
Young actually injured his quadriceps during spring training and sat out Opening Day before joining the lineup for Game 2, but made it just one inning before exiting.
Young signed a one-year, $7.25 million deal with the Mets in the hopes of bouncing back following a rough 2013 with the A’s and hitting the open market again as a 31-year-old next winter.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)