Apr 3, 2014, 8:55 AM EDT
I feel like the Texas teams have it way easier than a lot of other teams when it comes to giving gifts to retiring legends. Texas’ history and culture just give it far more unique-to-Texas symbols amenable to gift-giving than, say, Cleveland has. Someone needs a gift? Ah, heck, just give ’em boots and a hat:
Boots & hat that the Astros gave Jeter last night pic.twitter.com/zSMPfeOhAp
— darren rovell (@darrenrovell) April 3, 2014
Which has to sort of stink for the Rangers. The best idea was taken by the Astros.
I suppose a box of steaks will do. Assuming Kansas City doesn’t scoop them on that.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 4
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76