Apr 4, 2014, 8:10 PM EDT
CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports that the Diamondbacks have claimed outfielder Roger Kieschnick off of waivers from the Giants. To make room for him on the 40-man roster, the D-Backs placed pitcher Patrick Corbin on the 60-day disabled list, then assigned Kieschnick to Triple-A Reno.
The Giants had designated Kieschnick for assignment on Saturday after he posted a meager .172/.294/.172 line in 29 at-bats during spring training. Kieschnick, 27, didn’t hit much in his first season in the big leagues last season, either. In 95 plate appearances, he posted a .202/.295/.226 line.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)