Apr 4, 2014, 8:10 PM EST
CSN Bay Area’s Andrew Baggarly reports that the Diamondbacks have claimed outfielder Roger Kieschnick off of waivers from the Giants. To make room for him on the 40-man roster, the D-Backs placed pitcher Patrick Corbin on the 60-day disabled list, then assigned Kieschnick to Triple-A Reno.
The Giants had designated Kieschnick for assignment on Saturday after he posted a meager .172/.294/.172 line in 29 at-bats during spring training. Kieschnick, 27, didn’t hit much in his first season in the big leagues last season, either. In 95 plate appearances, he posted a .202/.295/.226 line.
- Report: Cuban free agent infielder Hector Olivera could have damaged ulnar collateral ligament 0
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 11
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 8
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 138
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)