Apr 5, 2014, 12:00 PM EST
Billy Hamilton‘s nightmare week continues, as Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the speedy outfielder was scratched from today’s lineup against the Mets due to a jammed left finger. He’s considered day-to-day.
Hamilton jammed the finger he was thrown out by Anthony Recker while attempting to steal second base in the eighth inning last night. He didn’t start the game, but was brought in as a pinch-runner. It was the second time in 15 attempts that he has been thrown out in the big leagues.
Replacing Shin-Soo Choo as the Reds’ center fielder and leadoff man, Hamilton has game-changing speed, but there are questions about whether he’ll hit enough to utilize it. He’s 0-for-12 with six strikeouts and one walk so far this season.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 255
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 130
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 113
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (255)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (130)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (113)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)