Apr 5, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Billy Hamilton‘s nightmare week continues, as Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports that the speedy outfielder was scratched from today’s lineup against the Mets due to a jammed left finger. He’s considered day-to-day.
Hamilton jammed the finger he was thrown out by Anthony Recker while attempting to steal second base in the eighth inning last night. He didn’t start the game, but was brought in as a pinch-runner. It was the second time in 15 attempts that he has been thrown out in the big leagues.
Replacing Shin-Soo Choo as the Reds’ center fielder and leadoff man, Hamilton has game-changing speed, but there are questions about whether he’ll hit enough to utilize it. He’s 0-for-12 with six strikeouts and one walk so far this season.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)