Apr 5, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
According to Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle, Astros outfielder Dexter Fowler missed last night’s game against the Angels due to a stomach bug and was taken to a Houston hospital.
Astros manager Bo Porter said Friday afternoon that Fowler had a stomach issue related to dehydration, but no other details are available. It’s unclear when he’ll be ready to rejoin the team.
Acquired from the Rockies over the winter, Fowler has enjoyed a quick start with his new team. The 28-year-old is 6-for-12 (.500) with one home run, two doubles, one triple, two RBI, and five runs scored through three games.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)