Apr 5, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
According to Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle, Astros outfielder Dexter Fowler missed last night’s game against the Angels due to a stomach bug and was taken to a Houston hospital.
Astros manager Bo Porter said Friday afternoon that Fowler had a stomach issue related to dehydration, but no other details are available. It’s unclear when he’ll be ready to rejoin the team.
Acquired from the Rockies over the winter, Fowler has enjoyed a quick start with his new team. The 28-year-old is 6-for-12 (.500) with one home run, two doubles, one triple, two RBI, and five runs scored through three games.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)