Apr 6, 2014, 8:54 AM EDT
Jose Fernandez starts have become must-see events for both casual and serious baseball fans.
The 21-year-old right-hander was again in fine form on Saturday night against the Padres, yielding just three hits over 6 2/3 scoreless innings while using his upper-90s fastball and wicked-but-under-control slider to strike out eight Padres batters. Giancarlo Stanton drove in two runs and Christian Yelich drove in one as the young Marlins grabbed a 5-0 victory over the Friars and moved to 5-1 on the year.
It’s ridiculously early, but the Fish currently hold the best run differential (+23) in the major leagues.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Brewers 7, Red Sox 6 (11 innings)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (154)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)