Apr 7, 2014, 7:20 PM EST
The Rockies announced this evening that left-hander Boone Logan has been activated from the 15-day disabled list. In a corresponding roster move, outfielder Corey Dickerson was optioned to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
Logan was brought along slowly this spring following arthroscopic surgery on his elbow, but he made it through two minor league rehab outings with no issues. Signed to a three-year, $16.5 million deal over the winter, the 29-year-old lefty specialist has compiled a 3.38 ERA and 202 strikeouts in 176 innings over the past four seasons.
Dickerson made the Opening Day roster with the Rockies, but at-bats have been hard to come by in the early going, especially with Charlie Blackmon off to a red-hot start. However, the 24-year-old is mighty talented and should get another opportunity soon.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)