Apr 7, 2014, 5:35 PM EDT
Nunez was once viewed by some people as the heir apparent for Derek Jeter in New York, but he isn’t a good enough defender to play shortstop regularly and with a lifetime .692 OPS isn’t a good enough hitter to be an asset at third base regularly. For now he’ll head to Triple-A for the Twins, but expect to see Nunez in Minnesota at some point this season in a part-time role.
Sulbaran went from the Dodgers to the Twins in exchange for light-hitting backup catcher Drew Butera last season. He’s not considered a top prospect–before this season I ranked him as the 28th-best prospect in the Twins’ farm system–but had a lot of success at low Single-A last year and is certainly a decent enough return for the 26-year-old Nunez (and before that for Butera).
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 18
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)