Apr 8, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
From Katie Dowd of the San Francisco Chronicle comes the below photo of Batkid — a five-year-old named Miles Scott who beat leukemia — being guided to the mound by Matt Cain to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Giants’ home opener Tuesday afternoon against the Diamondbacks.
You can learn more about Batkid’s story in this feature from NBC’s Bay Area affiliate.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 1
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (112)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)