Apr 8, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
From Katie Dowd of the San Francisco Chronicle comes the below photo of Batkid — a five-year-old named Miles Scott who beat leukemia — being guided to the mound by Matt Cain to throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Giants’ home opener Tuesday afternoon against the Diamondbacks.
You can learn more about Batkid’s story in this feature from NBC’s Bay Area affiliate.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 7
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 11
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)