Apr 8, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Jared Diamond of the Wall Street Journal has a story on the Mets’ woes at home, where they lose way more often than they lose on the road. He spoke to several Mets about it and no one had any definitive reason for why they do so much worse at Citi Field, but the team is nonetheless trying to figure it out. And they did one new thing this year they hope helps:
In the past, the team would provide a light meal and snacks when the players arrived to work, consisting of salad and sandwiches. Then a larger meal, more akin to dinner, was served after batting practice, which ends about two hours before a 7:10 p.m. game.
After consulting the team nutritionist, they reversed the menu this year, with the heavier food coming out before batting practice.
That’s designed to track how the team eats on the road, with the heavier meal earlier since they take later batting practice.
If that doesn’t work, I suggest brinner each night. Seriously: pancakes and bacon at around 5pm. We do this in my house every couple of weeks and it’s the best thing ever.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 89
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 137
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 70
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (138)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)