Apr 8, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
Jared Diamond of the Wall Street Journal has a story on the Mets’ woes at home, where they lose way more often than they lose on the road. He spoke to several Mets about it and no one had any definitive reason for why they do so much worse at Citi Field, but the team is nonetheless trying to figure it out. And they did one new thing this year they hope helps:
In the past, the team would provide a light meal and snacks when the players arrived to work, consisting of salad and sandwiches. Then a larger meal, more akin to dinner, was served after batting practice, which ends about two hours before a 7:10 p.m. game.
After consulting the team nutritionist, they reversed the menu this year, with the heavier food coming out before batting practice.
That’s designed to track how the team eats on the road, with the heavier meal earlier since they take later batting practice.
If that doesn’t work, I suggest brinner each night. Seriously: pancakes and bacon at around 5pm. We do this in my house every couple of weeks and it’s the best thing ever.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)