Apr 9, 2014, 8:48 AM EDT
News flash: a Hall of Famer thinks what’s going on in the game today is illegitimate:
Lets make sure this is Real!!! The Baseballs don’t fly like this in April!! Trust Me the Balls are Doctored!! Enough Said!!
— Frank Thomas (@TheBigHurt_35) April 9, 2014
Someone had better tell that to the Royals. They’ve yet to hit a homer in seven games.
Someone had also better ask Frank Thomas what was up in 1994, when he hit eight homers in the month of April. Or in 1996, when he hit nine homers in March and April.
Stuff happens. And yes, at times in history, baseball has messed with the baseball. But the mere fact of a bunch of homers in a week or two is not enough to justify conspiracy theories.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)