Apr 9, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
I swear to God, if I was a manager and one of my players slid head-first into first base I’d fine them back to the stone age. From Alden Gonzalez:
Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton injured his left thumb while sliding headfirst into first base in the seventh inning at Safeco Field on Tuesday night, an injury that prevented him from batting in a crucial situation in the ninth.
X-rays on Hamilton’s thumb were negative, and he’ll have an MRI today.
Asked after the game about sliding into first, Hamilton said “I shouldn’t have done it, probably, but I’m not going to say I’m not going to do it again because I’d be lying.”
Between Hamilton and Frank Thomas today is shaping up into the ultimate “ballplayers should be seen but not heard” kind of day.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 66
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (67)