Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports that right-handed pitcher Seth Rosin has cleared waivers and returned to the Phillies. Rosin had joined the Rangers in late March and made his Major League debut on March 31, tossing a scoreless inning against the Phillies. In total, he allowed three runs in four innings for the Rangers before they designated him for assignment to make room for third baseman Kevin Kouzmanoff on the roster.
Rosin has had an interesting life over the last four months. The Mets picked him up in the Rule 5 draft from the Phillies in December, then turned right around and sent him to the Dodgers for cash. During spring training, Rosin posted a 1.64 ERA in 11 innings for the Dodgers and traveled with the club to Australia to open up the season against the Diamondbacks. After returning to the United States, the Dodgers put him on waivers near the end of March, which is when the Rangers grabbed him. Now he has come full circle and returned to the Phillies, who acquired Rosin in the trade that sent Hunter Pence to the Giants in July 2012.
Rosin will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Though Mike Adams is nearing a return, there is a chance Rosin could join the big league club, as the Phillies’ bullpen has been a shambles to start the season.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday evening MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 9
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 85
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)