Apr 11, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki reports that right-handed pitcher Seth Rosin has cleared waivers and returned to the Phillies. Rosin had joined the Rangers in late March and made his Major League debut on March 31, tossing a scoreless inning against the Phillies. In total, he allowed three runs in four innings for the Rangers before they designated him for assignment to make room for third baseman Kevin Kouzmanoff on the roster.
Rosin has had an interesting life over the last four months. The Mets picked him up in the Rule 5 draft from the Phillies in December, then turned right around and sent him to the Dodgers for cash. During spring training, Rosin posted a 1.64 ERA in 11 innings for the Dodgers and traveled with the club to Australia to open up the season against the Diamondbacks. After returning to the United States, the Dodgers put him on waivers near the end of March, which is when the Rangers grabbed him. Now he has come full circle and returned to the Phillies, who acquired Rosin in the trade that sent Hunter Pence to the Giants in July 2012.
Rosin will report to Triple-A Lehigh Valley. Though Mike Adams is nearing a return, there is a chance Rosin could join the big league club, as the Phillies’ bullpen has been a shambles to start the season.
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday evening MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)