Apr 11, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
After straining a thumb ligament diving head-first into first base last Saturday, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is back in the lineup for Friday night’s game against the Diamondbacks. He’ll bat second and return to his home in right field. Puig pinch-hit on Wednesday, but otherwise hasn’t played since leaving Saturday’s game.
Through his first seven games spanning 29 plate appearances, Puig is slashing .240/.321/.400 with one home run. While he hasn’t been making headlines for his on-field performance — thumb injury aside — he has been a lightning rod for criticism regarding his behavior in the clubhouse. Teammate Chris Perez recently repudiated that criticism.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11