Apr 11, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
After straining a thumb ligament diving head-first into first base last Saturday, Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig is back in the lineup for Friday night’s game against the Diamondbacks. He’ll bat second and return to his home in right field. Puig pinch-hit on Wednesday, but otherwise hasn’t played since leaving Saturday’s game.
Through his first seven games spanning 29 plate appearances, Puig is slashing .240/.321/.400 with one home run. While he hasn’t been making headlines for his on-field performance — thumb injury aside — he has been a lightning rod for criticism regarding his behavior in the clubhouse. Teammate Chris Perez recently repudiated that criticism.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 86
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 97
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)