Apr 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
A.J. Burnett is still feeling sore after leaving Friday’s start with a groin injury, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports. It’s still unclear whether he’ll be feeling good enough to make his start on Wednesday against the Braves. GM Ruben Amaro says the team will know more about his status on Monday or Tuesday.
Should Burnett need to go on the disabled list, the Phillies would call on either Jeff Manship or David Buchanan to start in his place. If the Phillies are keen on using Buchanan, they would have to hold him back from making his start on Sunday for Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Burnett, 37, has struggled with his command to start his Phillies career, walking a league-leading 14 batters in 16 innings over his first three starts.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)