Apr 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
A.J. Burnett is still feeling sore after leaving Friday’s start with a groin injury, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports. It’s still unclear whether he’ll be feeling good enough to make his start on Wednesday against the Braves. GM Ruben Amaro says the team will know more about his status on Monday or Tuesday.
Should Burnett need to go on the disabled list, the Phillies would call on either Jeff Manship or David Buchanan to start in his place. If the Phillies are keen on using Buchanan, they would have to hold him back from making his start on Sunday for Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Burnett, 37, has struggled with his command to start his Phillies career, walking a league-leading 14 batters in 16 innings over his first three starts.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)