Apr 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
A.J. Burnett is still feeling sore after leaving Friday’s start with a groin injury, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports. It’s still unclear whether he’ll be feeling good enough to make his start on Wednesday against the Braves. GM Ruben Amaro says the team will know more about his status on Monday or Tuesday.
Should Burnett need to go on the disabled list, the Phillies would call on either Jeff Manship or David Buchanan to start in his place. If the Phillies are keen on using Buchanan, they would have to hold him back from making his start on Sunday for Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Burnett, 37, has struggled with his command to start his Phillies career, walking a league-leading 14 batters in 16 innings over his first three starts.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)