Apr 12, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
A.J. Burnett is still feeling sore after leaving Friday’s start with a groin injury, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports. It’s still unclear whether he’ll be feeling good enough to make his start on Wednesday against the Braves. GM Ruben Amaro says the team will know more about his status on Monday or Tuesday.
Should Burnett need to go on the disabled list, the Phillies would call on either Jeff Manship or David Buchanan to start in his place. If the Phillies are keen on using Buchanan, they would have to hold him back from making his start on Sunday for Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
Burnett, 37, has struggled with his command to start his Phillies career, walking a league-leading 14 batters in 16 innings over his first three starts.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 87
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 35
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 363
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (365)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (98)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (82)