Apr 12, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
The Cardinals announced this morning that they have given a two-year contract extension to senior vice president and general manager John Mozeliak. He’s now signed through 2018.
This is actually the second straight year that Mozeliak has received an extension from the Cardinals. He was given a three-year deal last February. They know a good thing when they have it.
Here’s part of the press release from the team:
“Over the last six seasons Mo has done an outstanding job leading our baseball operations,” said Cardinals Chairman Bill DeWitt Jr. “By extending Mo’s contract with the club, we look forward to continuing our approach which emphasizes excellence at the Major League level, supported by a strong player procurement and player development program.”
It’s hard to think of someone more deserving. Since taking over for Walt Jocketty after the 2007 season, Mozeliak has helped make the Cardinals the model franchise for the sport. With their excellent player development system, their run of success likely isn’t coming to an end anytime soon.
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 50
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 104
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)