Apr 14, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Agent Scott Boras is raising stink over anonymous executives making comments about his unsigned clients Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales, claiming they were “damaged” by the comments and “it’s a clear violation of the CBA.”
Meanwhile, the Yankees have been wrecked by injuries and could clearly use some reinforcements. Good fit? Not really, apparently.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York there’s “no way” the Yankees sign either Drew or Morales because they’re both still asking for a lot of money.
Instead the Yankees will keep reaching down into the Triple-A ranks for short-term help and try to tread water until some of their injured regulars return.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)