Apr 14, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Agent Scott Boras is raising stink over anonymous executives making comments about his unsigned clients Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales, claiming they were “damaged” by the comments and “it’s a clear violation of the CBA.”
Meanwhile, the Yankees have been wrecked by injuries and could clearly use some reinforcements. Good fit? Not really, apparently.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York there’s “no way” the Yankees sign either Drew or Morales because they’re both still asking for a lot of money.
Instead the Yankees will keep reaching down into the Triple-A ranks for short-term help and try to tread water until some of their injured regulars return.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)