Apr 14, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Agent Scott Boras is raising stink over anonymous executives making comments about his unsigned clients Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales, claiming they were “damaged” by the comments and “it’s a clear violation of the CBA.”
Meanwhile, the Yankees have been wrecked by injuries and could clearly use some reinforcements. Good fit? Not really, apparently.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York there’s “no way” the Yankees sign either Drew or Morales because they’re both still asking for a lot of money.
Instead the Yankees will keep reaching down into the Triple-A ranks for short-term help and try to tread water until some of their injured regulars return.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)