Apr 14, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Agent Scott Boras is raising stink over anonymous executives making comments about his unsigned clients Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales, claiming they were “damaged” by the comments and “it’s a clear violation of the CBA.”
Meanwhile, the Yankees have been wrecked by injuries and could clearly use some reinforcements. Good fit? Not really, apparently.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York there’s “no way” the Yankees sign either Drew or Morales because they’re both still asking for a lot of money.
Instead the Yankees will keep reaching down into the Triple-A ranks for short-term help and try to tread water until some of their injured regulars return.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)