Apr 14, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
Agent Scott Boras is raising stink over anonymous executives making comments about his unsigned clients Stephen Drew and Kendrys Morales, claiming they were “damaged” by the comments and “it’s a clear violation of the CBA.”
Meanwhile, the Yankees have been wrecked by injuries and could clearly use some reinforcements. Good fit? Not really, apparently.
According to Wallace Matthews of ESPN New York there’s “no way” the Yankees sign either Drew or Morales because they’re both still asking for a lot of money.
Instead the Yankees will keep reaching down into the Triple-A ranks for short-term help and try to tread water until some of their injured regulars return.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 64
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 64
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29