Apr 15, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
Hats off to ESPN for the camera work and Deadspin’s Tim Burke for the production values on this video of Phillies fans (a) taunting Dan Uggla; and then (b) watching his ninth inning grand slam go over the fence. In slow motion. Set to some twee folk-rock, Wes-Anderson-style.
Seriously, I want to marry this video. I want to take it with me for a long weekend to a B&B in New England and go antiquing with it. I want to sit down with this video and plan our lives together, name our future children and and then hold hands with it as we each sit in our own bathtubs like in the Cialis commercials.
This video + me = love.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (125)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)