Apr 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
On Thursday, the White Sox had designated reliever Donnie Veal for assignment. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Sox placed him on outright waivers, so he will clear waivers or be claimed within the next 24 hours.
Veal had a particularly ugly outing for the White Sox last Saturday, allowing four runs over 1 2/3 innings against the Indians, the second consecutive appearance in which he had allowed at least a run. He’s had control issues, walking seven and striking out six over six innings. Control problems plagued Veal even last season, when he issued 15 of them unintentionally over 29 1/3 innings.
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 9
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 16
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)