Apr 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
On Thursday, the White Sox had designated reliever Donnie Veal for assignment. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Sox placed him on outright waivers, so he will clear waivers or be claimed within the next 24 hours.
Veal had a particularly ugly outing for the White Sox last Saturday, allowing four runs over 1 2/3 innings against the Indians, the second consecutive appearance in which he had allowed at least a run. He’s had control issues, walking seven and striking out six over six innings. Control problems plagued Veal even last season, when he issued 15 of them unintentionally over 29 1/3 innings.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 0
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)