Apr 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
On Thursday, the White Sox had designated reliever Donnie Veal for assignment. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Sox placed him on outright waivers, so he will clear waivers or be claimed within the next 24 hours.
Veal had a particularly ugly outing for the White Sox last Saturday, allowing four runs over 1 2/3 innings against the Indians, the second consecutive appearance in which he had allowed at least a run. He’s had control issues, walking seven and striking out six over six innings. Control problems plagued Veal even last season, when he issued 15 of them unintentionally over 29 1/3 innings.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (78)