Apr 18, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
On Thursday, the White Sox had designated reliever Donnie Veal for assignment. Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish reports that the Sox placed him on outright waivers, so he will clear waivers or be claimed within the next 24 hours.
Veal had a particularly ugly outing for the White Sox last Saturday, allowing four runs over 1 2/3 innings against the Indians, the second consecutive appearance in which he had allowed at least a run. He’s had control issues, walking seven and striking out six over six innings. Control problems plagued Veal even last season, when he issued 15 of them unintentionally over 29 1/3 innings.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)