Apr 19, 2014, 11:45 PM EDT
Davis got the start against right-hander Matt Garza, going 2-for-3 with a double and a walk, scoring two runs in the process. He hit sixth behind Jose Tabata and watched his team lose 8-7 to the Brewers.
Meanwhile, in New York, Lucas Duda went 1-for-4 with a double and a walk as the Mets lost to the Braves 7-5. Clearly, the Pirates won the trade.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 47
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 73
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)