Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Mets pitcher John Lannan has accepted his assignment to Triple-A Las Vegas, ESPN’s Adam Rubin reports. Lannan was outrighted on Wednesday to make room for Daisuke Matsuzaka, who was added to the bullpen.
Lannan had an ugly start to the season, allowing seven runs in four innings out of the bullpen. Most recently, he allowed three runs in an inning of work as the Mets were blown out by the Angels on Sunday.
Matsuzaka, meanwhile, was pitching well with Las Vegas, allowing three runs over 12 innings, striking out 12 and walking six.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 18
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)