Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Mets pitcher John Lannan has accepted his assignment to Triple-A Las Vegas, ESPN’s Adam Rubin reports. Lannan was outrighted on Wednesday to make room for Daisuke Matsuzaka, who was added to the bullpen.
Lannan had an ugly start to the season, allowing seven runs in four innings out of the bullpen. Most recently, he allowed three runs in an inning of work as the Mets were blown out by the Angels on Sunday.
Matsuzaka, meanwhile, was pitching well with Las Vegas, allowing three runs over 12 innings, striking out 12 and walking six.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)