Apr 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Richard Durrett reports that the Rangers have placed outfielder Jim Adduci on the disabled list and called up infielder Luis Sardinas from Double-A Frisco. Adduci suffered a fractured left pinky finger sliding into second base in Friday night’s game against the White Sox and is expected to miss four weeks.
Sardinas, 20, was rated the #72 overall prospect entering the season according to Baseball Prospectus. While he doesn’t offer much in the way of power, he has a high contact rate and steals plenty of bases while playing good defense. In 55 plate appearances to start the season with Frisco, Sardinas posted a paltry .519 OPS.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)