Apr 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Richard Durrett reports that the Rangers have placed outfielder Jim Adduci on the disabled list and called up infielder Luis Sardinas from Double-A Frisco. Adduci suffered a fractured left pinky finger sliding into second base in Friday night’s game against the White Sox and is expected to miss four weeks.
Sardinas, 20, was rated the #72 overall prospect entering the season according to Baseball Prospectus. While he doesn’t offer much in the way of power, he has a high contact rate and steals plenty of bases while playing good defense. In 55 plate appearances to start the season with Frisco, Sardinas posted a paltry .519 OPS.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69