Apr 21, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer injured his left hamstring last Thursday and after sitting out the entire weekend while on the active roster the Rockies have placed him on the disabled list.
Cuddyer won the NL batting title by hitting .331 last season and was off to another nice start this year, hitting .317 with three homers and a .906 OPS in 16 games before getting hurt.
Carlos Gonzalez is also banged up in the Rockies’ outfield–although he plans to play through knee problems–so Drew Stubbs, Charlie Blackmon, Brandon Barnes, and Corey Dickerson figure to see added action in the short term.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)