Apr 21, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer injured his left hamstring last Thursday and after sitting out the entire weekend while on the active roster the Rockies have placed him on the disabled list.
Cuddyer won the NL batting title by hitting .331 last season and was off to another nice start this year, hitting .317 with three homers and a .906 OPS in 16 games before getting hurt.
Carlos Gonzalez is also banged up in the Rockies’ outfield–although he plans to play through knee problems–so Drew Stubbs, Charlie Blackmon, Brandon Barnes, and Corey Dickerson figure to see added action in the short term.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)