Apr 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Between his four-start debut last season and two pre-injury starts this year Paxton began his career 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in 36 innings.
Manager Lloyd McClendon told Jude that the Mariners continue to expect Paxton to be ready to resume pitching in 6-8 weeks from the initial injury date, but he’ll likely need to build up his arm strength for a while before rejoining the rotation.
Fellow top prospect Taijuan Walker is also on the disabled list with shoulder problems and Hisashi Iwakuma is still making his way back from a spring training finger injury, leaving the Mariners’ potentially very impressive rotation in shambles beyond Felix Hernandez.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)