Apr 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Between his four-start debut last season and two pre-injury starts this year Paxton began his career 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in 36 innings.
Manager Lloyd McClendon told Jude that the Mariners continue to expect Paxton to be ready to resume pitching in 6-8 weeks from the initial injury date, but he’ll likely need to build up his arm strength for a while before rejoining the rotation.
Fellow top prospect Taijuan Walker is also on the disabled list with shoulder problems and Hisashi Iwakuma is still making his way back from a spring training finger injury, leaving the Mariners’ potentially very impressive rotation in shambles beyond Felix Hernandez.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 71
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)