Apr 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Between his four-start debut last season and two pre-injury starts this year Paxton began his career 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in 36 innings.
Manager Lloyd McClendon told Jude that the Mariners continue to expect Paxton to be ready to resume pitching in 6-8 weeks from the initial injury date, but he’ll likely need to build up his arm strength for a while before rejoining the rotation.
Fellow top prospect Taijuan Walker is also on the disabled list with shoulder problems and Hisashi Iwakuma is still making his way back from a spring training finger injury, leaving the Mariners’ potentially very impressive rotation in shambles beyond Felix Hernandez.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 7
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)