Apr 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Between his four-start debut last season and two pre-injury starts this year Paxton began his career 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in 36 innings.
Manager Lloyd McClendon told Jude that the Mariners continue to expect Paxton to be ready to resume pitching in 6-8 weeks from the initial injury date, but he’ll likely need to build up his arm strength for a while before rejoining the rotation.
Fellow top prospect Taijuan Walker is also on the disabled list with shoulder problems and Hisashi Iwakuma is still making his way back from a spring training finger injury, leaving the Mariners’ potentially very impressive rotation in shambles beyond Felix Hernandez.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (93)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)