Apr 25, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
Some potentially bad news for the Orioles: first baseman Chris Davis exited Friday night’s game against the Royals with a strained left oblique, MASN’s Roch Kubatko reports. The team will evaluate him further to determine the severity of the injury.
Davis looked uncomfortable swinging in the third inning against Royals starter Yordano Ventura. He exited after the bottom of the fourth. Ryan Flaherty moved from third base to first base, Jonathan Schoop moved from second base to third base, and Steve Lombardozzi entered the game to play second base.
Davis entered Friday’s action with a .772 OPS, two home runs, and 13 RBI. After 21 games last season, Davis had a 1.177 OPS with seven home runs and 22 RBI.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)