Apr 25, 2014, 9:34 PM EDT
Some potentially bad news for the Orioles: first baseman Chris Davis exited Friday night’s game against the Royals with a strained left oblique, MASN’s Roch Kubatko reports. The team will evaluate him further to determine the severity of the injury.
Davis looked uncomfortable swinging in the third inning against Royals starter Yordano Ventura. He exited after the bottom of the fourth. Ryan Flaherty moved from third base to first base, Jonathan Schoop moved from second base to third base, and Steve Lombardozzi entered the game to play second base.
Davis entered Friday’s action with a .772 OPS, two home runs, and 13 RBI. After 21 games last season, Davis had a 1.177 OPS with seven home runs and 22 RBI.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)