Apr 25, 2014, 9:34 PM EST
Some potentially bad news for the Orioles: first baseman Chris Davis exited Friday night’s game against the Royals with a strained left oblique, MASN’s Roch Kubatko reports. The team will evaluate him further to determine the severity of the injury.
Davis looked uncomfortable swinging in the third inning against Royals starter Yordano Ventura. He exited after the bottom of the fourth. Ryan Flaherty moved from third base to first base, Jonathan Schoop moved from second base to third base, and Steve Lombardozzi entered the game to play second base.
Davis entered Friday’s action with a .772 OPS, two home runs, and 13 RBI. After 21 games last season, Davis had a 1.177 OPS with seven home runs and 22 RBI.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)