Apr 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Playing third base for the second consecutive game on his rehab assignment with the Class-A Frederick Keys, Manny Machado went 4-for-4 on Sunday against the Carolina Mudcats. He doubled twice, stole a base, scored twice, and knocked in two runs. Machado is now 8-for-12 overall since beginning his rehab on Friday.
Machado will serve as the Keys’ designated hitter on Monday, but should return to the field on Tuesday. If all continues to go well, he could rejoin the Orioles for their weekend series in Minnesota against the Twins.
Machado, 21, underwent knee surgery in mid-October and has been working his way back ever since. He ruptured the medial patellofemoral ligament in his left knee in September.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 30
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)