Apr 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Playing third base for the second consecutive game on his rehab assignment with the Class-A Frederick Keys, Manny Machado went 4-for-4 on Sunday against the Carolina Mudcats. He doubled twice, stole a base, scored twice, and knocked in two runs. Machado is now 8-for-12 overall since beginning his rehab on Friday.
Machado will serve as the Keys’ designated hitter on Monday, but should return to the field on Tuesday. If all continues to go well, he could rejoin the Orioles for their weekend series in Minnesota against the Twins.
Machado, 21, underwent knee surgery in mid-October and has been working his way back ever since. He ruptured the medial patellofemoral ligament in his left knee in September.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)