Apr 27, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Playing third base for the second consecutive game on his rehab assignment with the Class-A Frederick Keys, Manny Machado went 4-for-4 on Sunday against the Carolina Mudcats. He doubled twice, stole a base, scored twice, and knocked in two runs. Machado is now 8-for-12 overall since beginning his rehab on Friday.
Machado will serve as the Keys’ designated hitter on Monday, but should return to the field on Tuesday. If all continues to go well, he could rejoin the Orioles for their weekend series in Minnesota against the Twins.
Machado, 21, underwent knee surgery in mid-October and has been working his way back ever since. He ruptured the medial patellofemoral ligament in his left knee in September.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)